Friday, May 9, 2014

Remember that bird's nest on our wreath?

Posted by ChristineElaine at 8:43 AM
Hey! Remember that nest a silly little bird built into our door wreath?

Well, they hatched! A little over a week ago, but I haven't had the chance to upload pictures. Don't worry, I'm not disturbing the nest or touching it, etc. The last thing I want is for momma to freak out and abandon her babies!

But I did get a few good photos of the sweet little things. I check on them now and then and they're getting so big! Momma bird is doing a good job.


 I even captured a photo of momma bird! She always flits away when I open the door -- sorry momma bird!

Yeah they're definitely not as cute as say, a puppy or kittens, but they are what I call an adorable-ugly. Haha.
So, in other news, not much has been going on. The daily grind and so on, the babies keep me very busy, which is a good thing. We are doing better. It's just hard at night when you're in bed and you can't really stop your brain from thinking. I've at least learned my lesson in this -- always listen to your instincts. You feel like something is wrong? LISTEN TO YOURSELF. You feel like going somewhere may be a bad idea? DON'T GO. I've always been a slightly paranoid person, and with the babies it has grown a lot more... like for example, if I have to park far away, I will not park next to a big van, or something that sticks out as 'weird' to me. That might sound silly, but I don't want to take any chances, and especially with the children. Just... listen to yourself. Don't ignore yourself. We have instincts for a reason. That annoying voice in the back of your head? That's not Jiminy Cricket, but it is YOUR conscience, and you better damn well be listening!

I just wish we could have him back. I have dreams where he's returned to us, safe and happy and everything is normal. Then I wake up and want to cry because that would never be possible. It sucks feeling vulnerable in your own home. You don't have anything that separates you from danger. It's nice having a family member that can hear the UPS truck minutes before it even arrives, to have that warning bark, or warning growl, he always seemed to know when things were happening. I love him, and miss him terribly. Will we ever find that in another dog? Who knows. I know that THAT is what Dobermans are all about -- protectiveness, intelligence, etc. I know that they were bred for PERSONAL protection and that all they ever want is to be beside you and be loyal. And he fit that description to a T.

But what really boggled my mind was that he was immediately that way with Cam when she was born. And Alice too, but he hadn't known her for that long. It's like he KNEW when I was hugely pregnant and having contractions and in super pain and misery, he knew what was going on. He didn't leave my side. Hell, Josh didn't even stick by my side LOL he freaked out and ran into the other room to play video games while I was in absolute pain (he thought he wasn't helping much, and it was pretty true... lol), writhing on the bed, and then eventually Josh moved me to the couch to put on some television shows to try and help get my mind off of it.Desoto followed me of course.

And that's how this photo came to be:

Desoto never left me as I lay in complete agony, and I could tell he was worried. I mean, just look at his expression. He probably thought I was dying.You just know he's thinking, what's wrong with my human? Is she going to be alright?

I wish I could just repay him for all that he did for us. For me, mostly, because he was his absolute best when he was with me, in my opinion. He loved Josh, I know that. He loved the kids, that was obvious, but..... I can't really describe it. You just know when a dog is yours.

I miss you Desoto. I hope someday we can meet again and I can tell you just how much you really meaned to me, and how it sucks so much that you are gone forever. It's amazing that such a warm hearted, goofy boy could steal such a huge piece of my very human heart.

Anyway, maybe we should move on to a lighter topic? I know -- I'll post some more photos of the kids. :) They are after all, some really cute kiddos!
PLEASE tell me this counts as a pigtail. Because seriously, waiting for her hair to grow is like waiting for Big Foot to announce that he exists.

Can you tell she was excited about the pool? 
lol.. on our way to Sam's Club with Laura, this was her face after Alice cried much of the way. She's like UM. I specifically asked not to be seated next to a BABY.



That was a fun morning of coloring Ponies. :) 

                                                Swimming fun with the girls. :)

 

Hey guys! I'm cute!
You just KNOW Alice is thinking, yeah you're cute Cam, but not as cute as ME! lol.
                                               Alice, and a smiley Desoto pup....
Lol... is this what it would look like if Josh put a Kimono dress on?
I believe this was the last photo ever taken of Desoto. He was playing and romping around the yard with his favorite girl... and she had a blast chasing him. *sniffle*
Oh hi Alice. Who are you calling up?
And lastly...


To Desoto I dedicate this picture:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Camilla and Co. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos