Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sigh, it's just not working out.

Posted by ChristineElaine at 7:58 PM
I've tried so hard to make this work. Really, I have. There are just so many problems, issues, and things that don't seem fixable. Some days are okay, but more are just... horrible. I've tried to stay positive about things, but in the end... ugh. Why bother?

I'm breaking up with my phone.
It just totally sucks! What? What did you think I was talking about?! Hehe, I'm such a devil.

No seriously, my phone is sooooo bad. Do not, I repeat do not ever switch from an Apple iPhone to an Android phone. The dip in quality is pretty big. People say you can do so much more with an Android phone, but there is such a thing as jail breaking an iPhone (which unlocks so much more you CAN do) without also skimping on the quality of the interface. I think people that have never had an iPhone are the ones that are truly Android fans, they have just never felt the lightning quick speed. For me, photo taking, and in general, maneuvering around the phone on an Android is basically the equivalent of a computer running on dial up. It's slow, clunky, and um... SLOW. Whereas my old iPhone (even if it was an older model) was FAST FAST FAAAST. There was no lag time when I clicked things, and especially no lag with the camera. Lol. I know... first world problems right? I'll power through this, though. I have to. It's just frustrating taking blurry photo after blurry photo! When your subjects are constantly moving it's hard to get anything! Lol. Sorry I'm ranting!

Poor Camilla is sick. :( For the first time ever! She finally caught one of Josh's colds (he had a cold last week) and the first night of it was pretty miserable for her. Luckily we had some medicine from when we had her last vaccines. Josh called the nurse and asked if it would be okay and she gave us the clear. I suppose getting sick for the first  time at 12 months isn't too bad of a record, she never got sick or got fevers like the docs predicted after her shots so that was good (and why we had that medicine available, phew!) and it's pretty relieving that she doesn't have a fever either. Her highest temp was 99.5 double phew! Today is  her 2nd day of "the sickies" and she already seems to be bouncing back but last night, oh boy, crying sporadically (wails more like it), and extreme fussiness. It was nerve racking. Til we got that medicine in her.... and on that hilarious note...

Josh had gotten the medicine out and he says, "Ooh it's cherry, she'll love this!"
I look at him like uh, are you kidding me?! Lol. I say, "Are you freaking kidding me?! Cherry flavored medicine is the WORST. She is going to hate it. It's not going down without a fight."
So he attempts, and manages a squirt. Maybe 10mgs, but we had 70mgs to go and the second she tastes the Cherry abomination she is shrieking. I can't help but smirk, after all, it's CHERRY MEDICINE! YUCK!! He keeps trying then just hands the syringe thing to me. I try a couple times then realize the fact she is seeing the syringe going towards her face is freaking her out even more, so a light bulb appears above my head. I quickly cover her eyes with my left hand while I pop the syringe into her mid-cry and get all of it in there. She cries and cries and cries, she did NOT like the treachery and sneakiness of mommy. But it WORKED and that is all that matters. After about 10 minutes of me holding her, patting her back, and apologizing about how much of a sneaky jerk I am, she was calm. And the rest of the night, she was feeling much much much better.

Am I a genius? No. I live by what I said to Cam, that mommy is a sneaky jerk! Lol. And today, both Josh and I are pretty relieved that she is feeling better. While she's been pretty cranky on and off today, at least it was nothing like last night lol. She still has "the snots", I mean it is like rivers of mucus pouring from her nostrils (lol ew!) but we are making sure she's getting plenty of fluids and Josh has been a huge help with all that, too. I'd say overall, for a first cold, it hasn't been TOO bad. We've passed the worst, and for that I am thankful. And even more thankful that it wasn't more worse than it was.... now if only Josh would stop catching colds! Lol.

Another quick story and then on to PICS!: The other day we went to Target because we had a gift card, plus I needed to get some maternity pants from Ross (oh maternity pants, we meet again) and we bought Cam a few pairs of shoes. Well. When we went to Ross, she sure loved wearing those shoes... and walking ALL over the store! She was so busy and happy! She followed people around, looked at herself in the mirrors, was fascinated and touching all the basket weave hampers, she had a BLAST! Anyway, there are pictures. People were so enchanted by the little tiny lady waddling around going about her own business. It was sooooo damn cute. <3



New big girl car seat! Britax is a great brand, it's not only safe but WAY comfier than the other one!

Not sure what to think of her snack? Lol.


                                                             Awwwww my little lady.
 
Ross adventures! While mommy was agonizing over the selection of maternity pants, Camilla and daddy wandered about!

Awwwwww. Oh. My. Gosh. I love them, I do.

Those are one of her new pairs of shoes, and yes, we know they don't match her outfit LOL.


"Hey, that girl in the mirror has great shoes." - Camilla

"Wow daddy, I'm so beautiful!"

"Okay, but where are the toys?"

"See you later, I gotta find the toys!"

Lol she wandered over to a bin of brooms, and they funnily enough, match her outfit.

"See you later daddy!"

"Follow that lady!" (Josh said she was following around a lady in an orange dress for the longest time LOL)

Home sweet home. ZzZzzzzzZzZZzzzz.


Lol that face.


Good morning blog land!

As you can see I am still a bit under the weather.

But that doesn't take away any of my cuteness!

Awww!

                                          Hanging out with her dad! And her shoes lol.



So this is why... [OMG THAT FACE]

My Harry Potter book was found at the fireplace. Lol. Silly girl!

                                   On the way home from the hospital (mommy's appt). One thing my phone
                                                   is good for... Pocoyo episodes!

                                         And Josh found out her dryer licking escapade...

We are considering rehab.
Before I leave, I should say that my doctor appointment was on Monday! And it's official, I'm pregnant!!! I HEARD THE HEARTBEAT!!!!! I almost cried. It was very surreal... I just kept thinking, wow, I haven't heard that since our other big surprise.. aka Cam! I remember the day exactly when I heard Cam... I didn't even think I was pregnant, but when the heartbeat confirmed it I was just flooded with a thousand emotions. And I'll be perfectly honest here, I was terrified, and at that point, not that excited because I was INSANELY scared and never thought me and children were possible/even would get along. Oh how naive I was.

Anyway, Josh and Cam came with me to the appointment (and that was an experience in itself Lol) but all is well and good. They think I'm in my 2nd trimester. I really really hate my body for NEVER giving me a heads up or giving me ANY symptoms! Why does my body have to play tricks on me?! Oh well, it's exciting, a little scary, and CRAZY! I can't believe we're adding to our family and that Cam is going to be a sister! How awesome!!!

*sniffle* Trying not to get emotional over here... but it really is something! Can't wait to find out the gender. I have an actual OB appointment very soon, etc. My appt on Monday was basically just re-registering and then the thing where they see if there's a heartbeat... and there was. Anyway, good gravy it was an emotional moment, haha. I still can't quite believe it! Time to prepare like crazy!!

Don't forget! WE LOVE YOU!!! And I literally JUST saw Cam walking out with one of my shop packages in her clutches, so I must bid you all farewell for now! Love you all MWAHHHHHHS!!!!!


P.s. my sister sent me these... and my dad is so funny and awesome. Just don't get bit or scratched! Lol.

I wish I could be one with the raccoons!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Camilla and Co. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos