Monday, March 25, 2013

Oh my gosh!! Cutest Cam story yet!!!!!!

Posted by ChristineElaine at 2:04 AM

Before I begin to tell the super adorable story that literally JUST happened, let me share with you all that earlier tonight while I was making Josh's lunch, Camilla learned that by pulling on knobs she can open cupboards! AHH! We're in for trouble now. And by the way, she has  a weird attachment to the dishwasher... when I closed it after putting the last of the dishes away, she cried. Lol. How dare mommy close the dishwasher! Oh the humanity!

Okay. So. As of late Cam has had a bout of insomnia. Meaning, we go to bed at around 2-3 am. YIKES! We sleep in, but I'd rather us go to bed a little sooner because I just get more work done during better bedtime hours. *sigh* I digress, though. Tonight, I got her into her footie pajamas and thought well, she's not sleepy yet so let's just play with her toys for awhile. I had some songs on shuffle playing from my desk and it was loud enough so that we could hear it faintly (but not loud enough to disturb sleeping Josh, haha). ANYWAY! The cute thing is, Camilla actually likes some songs and has smiled when they've played. She even plays favorites with Pocoyo episodes and her nursery rhymes. It's totally adorable.

But what happened next just completely astonished me. There is this song I have on my itunes and a music video of, that she likes. She gets all grinny and smiley when it plays. When it came on after whichever song preceded it (I wasn't paying attention) I didn't think much of it. Until Camilla IMMEDIATELY dropped her toy elephant. And froze. Then she dropped to all fours, looking severely confused and worried. (Which is funny because the song is called 'Why Worry')

I think something's wrong because she is acting incredibly strange, especially when the past ten minutes she's been playing with her toys in a typical baby manner. I'm like, "Cam? Cam? You okay?" But she just gives these... looks. Like she remembers what she's hearing, she knows what she's hearing, but she doesn't know HOW she can hear it. It doesn't play in her room, what the heck is going on?

These looks: 







I think... what the heck? Is it the song that's playing? She's being unnaturally quiet... and like she's thinking. It's like I could hear the gears in her head working and putting the puzzle together.

Yes! That song! I know that song! That's my favorite song! Ever! I know that song, I know it!! Mom sings it to me sometimes when it comes on! She can't sing worth beans, but I love that song! It's my song!


And what happened next made my jaw drop.


She LEAVES the room. Yes, she leaves behind her toys AND me, to go search for the source of the song. This baby amazes me.

She crawls with determination.
 Then she stops. I ask her, "Cam, is that your favorite song that's playing?" (or something like that)
Again, she looks toward the sound and sits like this all the while listening.

It was the CUTEST THING EVER. Anyway, she sat there listening and looking towards the sound for awhile, so I went over to my desk hoping she would get the courage to finish her quest to find the music. And she did! She was successful in finding it.. with a little help. :) While crawling through the living room, she kept glancing and looking over at the t.v. because she assumed the sound and/or picture would be coming from there. She's a smart lady. :)

I actually have this on video! Which I think I can post on the blog... if it works, yay! If not, boohoo! (P.s. not responsible for any deafening of ears my voice over video will likely incur) I know it probably sounds silly that I make such a big deal out of this haha, but I thought it was funny and insanely adorable how when she heard her favorite song (I'm assuming it's her favorite if she abandons her toy playing to find it) and also since ya know, immediately dropped her toys and LEFT ME! Lol.

Shoot I don't think I can post it because it's a stupid iphone and I'd hafta do special crap to get it on here... well, I'll take some more screenshots!

Thinking the tv is the culprit.

  AHA! She found the source. Mommy's computer!

Notice how she can't draw her attention away.


It was so cute. Especially funny too as this song is one of my favorite songs (even though it's kind of pitchy) and I've loved it since high school. Lol. Cam, you're one cool lady!

The funniest thing? I picked  her up, sat in my chair, sang along with it and she fell right to sleep. Go figure.

Uh oh, it's 4 am! Gotta go! :) Love you all! I'll have to upload the actual video on here, if I can figure it out!

If anyone's curious this is the song: AAR - Why Worry
Not the official video or anything, but the song. :)
As soon as that strumming started... she was mystified.

I love my Cam!!!!!!!!

Oh! I don't  remember if I posted this photo yet but... why does he always look so concerned when I go to the bathroom? Lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Camilla and Co. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos